Foodie Gifts — Local Goodness Style!
Whether a stocking stuffer, host(ess) gift or THE BIG item, it’s easy to fill your foodie gift-giving needs from local sources — even at the grocery store!! Had a blast finding items for all the foodies on my list. Check out our finds in our Local Foodie Gifts Shopping List where we found tasty treats and gifts of good taste that are not onlyfabulous gifts, but support local farms, producers, merchants and companies.
Happiest of Holidays … may the spirit of the season be with you now and throughout the New Year!
Be sure to watch again on December 15 for a special Local Goodness segment on Gifts that Give Back!
Our Shopping List & Links
Gifts of Food
Isadore Foods- Fresh from the Farm – gift of an Isadore Foods one-time box or CSA Subscription http://isadorefoods.com/
Pittsburgh Public Market http://pittsburghpublicmarket.org/:
- Jam & Jelly Tree – from the The Berry Patch – three of their 40 flavors http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Berry-Patch/170081899685193?ref=tn_tnmn
- Party in a Basket: East End Brewing Growler of Beer, Clarion River Organics Bloody Mary Mix (+ a bottle of Boyd & Blair Vodka available at PLCB stores)
- EVERYTHING’S BETTER WITH BACON! – Bacon of the Month Club membership from Crested Duck Charcuterie
Giant Eagle Market District – Robinson http://www.marketdistrict.com/:
- Italian Dinner – Fede pasta, DelGrosso sauce, Mediterra bread and Delallo bruchetta spread
- Fireside Snack – Sweet Tammy’s cookies and Trax Farms apple cider
- Sweet Treats – local chocolates from The Toffee House, We’re Not Nutz, Love Street Living Foods, All In Good Taste (Toffee Taboo), and Sarris Candies
- Impromptu Guests – Parma Sausages and Emerald Valley cheeses
- Spice it Up a Bit – Colibri Artisan Mexican Sauces
Gifts of Good Taste
- Grillin’ & Chillin’ – Small Grill Dome, perfect for tailgating or steaks on the patio! Medium and large sizes also available! http://ceramicgrillworks.com/
CRATE Kitchen Store and Cooking School:
- Kitchen Must-Haves – All Clad, USA Baking Pans, Fiesta tableware + gift certificate for a cooking class or other goodies http://www.cratecook.com/
- A Year of Inspiration – one-year subscription to TALBE Magazine – Pittsburgh’s premier food and lifestyle magazine. http://tablemagazine.com/index2.php
Check out our special segment from last year — Gifts from the Strip — for more tasty gift ideas!!!